SOREL - COLOR AND MATERIAL DESIGN - 2015 - PRESENT
CONSULTANT - IDENTIFYING AND DESIGNING FOR NICHE MARKETS - 2010 – 2015
Responsible for footwear design, color and material direction, merchandising and trend forecasting.
Clients include: Cole Haan - 2015 • Common Ground - 2015 • Reebok - 2014 • Cinco Design - 2013
Nike - 2012 • Adidas Originals - 2010
CONVERSE INC. FOOTWEAR DESIGN - NORTH ANDOVER, MA. 2008 – 2010
Created and executed seasonal product collections for 1st String, Product (RED) and Chuck Taylor.
Worked with design leadership and marketing to create globally relevant product. Helped to develop line plans and fine tune design briefs to ensure accurate consumer targets and retail goals. Collaborated with development on production of samples and final product through detailed execution of tech packs. Created renderings, presented concepts at product reviews, this included presentation and communication of category specific color/graphic and material direction as well as merchandising for seasonal assortments.
• Concept chosen by Damien Hirst for the DH + Chuck Taylor Product (RED) collaboration.
• Created concept and design for Nike/Chuck Taylor Hybrid using Nike Lunar technology.
• Set standard for merchandising collections.
• Created process for consumer/retailer driven design.
NIKE INC. FOOTWEAR COLOR DESIGN LEAD - BEAVERTON, OR. - 2003 – 2008
Created and executed seasonal lifestyle footwear collections for Energy, Indie and Icons.
Worked with design leadership to create concepts, plan and finalize product executions for consumer and culture specific market assortments. Partnered with product marketing, development and material sourcing to focus color solutions for market success. Responsible for presentation design and communication of category specific color direction and merchandising seasonal assortments.
• Helped grow the indie category from a $25 million global business to $200 million in less than 3 years.
• As the color lead, Icons became a $3 billion category.
• Merchandiser, color and concept designer for the award winning collection Decades of Air.
• Developed processes and strategies still being used by Nike designers today.
• Responsible for some of the most sought after sneakers in the industry.
Bachelor of Arts - Psychology, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO. - 1994 – 1997
proficient in adobe creative suite • color, material and textile design • footwear design • concept design • graphic design • creative direction • consumer insights • global market research • tech packs/CADs • merchandising • design strategy • line planning • trend forecasting